Symantec Workspace Streaming is an application streaming solution that enables on-demand application provisioning, offline cache, license recovery and instant application upgrades. Symantec Workspace Streaming increases end user productivity with controlled, guaranteed access to any Windows based applications from any location at any time, including remote and mobile users.
As IT organizations today face the reality of managing an increasingly complex mix of desktops, laptops, and mobile devices, more efficient ways to deliver and provision essential applications have become critical to ensuring cost-effective manage- ment. SymantecTM Workspace Streaming (SWS) is designed specifically for this purpose, and actually enhances users’ ability to be productive, while supporting the trend toward increased flexibility and mobility. SWS utilizes your existing infrastructure and software investment to deliver applications to all devices – laptops, desktops, VDI, Terminal Services, and Citrix – on-demand, anywhere, at any time. SWS simplifies application usability, reduces application license costs, and improves IT management efficiency with a cost-effective centralized management system.
- On-demand Application Distribution — Simplify OS image management by reducing the number and size of images. The solution enables dynamic configuration of workspaces based on the role of the user, providing instant access to applications without IT intervention while minimizing network bandwidth.
- User-Based Provisioning — New applications, which provisioned users can access from any Windows desktop, are instantly available without IT intervention. “Chargebacks” can be automatically assessed to each department based on application usage.
- Dynamic License Management — Ensure license compliance, simplify software deployment, optimize software costs, and avoid over-deployment by only delivering what is needed and re-harvesting licenses when they expire or after an idle period. The solution offers policy-driven controlled access to any Windows application from any location.
- Un-managed Computers — Extend application management beyond your enterprise boundaries. Deliver applications securely to un-managed computers via the public internet.
- Physical and Virtual — Utilize a single set of application packages and a single process across traditional desktops & laptops as well as server hosted computing environment like Virtual desktops and Terminal Services.
- Easy Integration — Streaming can be easily integrated with enterprise workflows and other systems, such as CMDB, Asset and Helpdesk, with an open, standards-based Webservices API.
SWS also allows applications to be virtualized, enabling organizations to:
– Ease Windows 7 migration
– Eliminate application incompatibilities – Reduce helpdesk calls
– Reset broken applications instantly